Animate CC15Six projects to Awesome Media and Apps!
ADOBE ANIMATE™ CC15
You’re in for a treat! Joseph is going to take you toward the level of Coding Commando in this basic intro that introduces you to some amazing concepts and projects that teach you all the basics for Animate Programming. This is an amazing series from an amazing expert that keeps it fun and knows his stuff!!!
There is a lot more to Animate than meets the eye. It’s an entire programming platform and is often misunderstood! Joseph helps make it fun and easy to get to the critical concepts that you need to learn Adobe Animate and learn the core skills to becoming a flash programmer! Jump in and get started on your programming adventure!
Looking for extras?You can grab Joseph’s books and resources at Amazon.com.
Looking for the older Flash tutorials? Check ’em out here.
Grand Master (of) Flash
Joseph Labrecque is the BrainBuffet King of all things Animate! He’s written a bunch of books, has a few Lynda.com titles, and is also an EXPERT ON UNDEAD AND NEWBORN SAFETY.
Animate… it’s POWERFUL. It’s not just for animating images- it’s a whole programming platform. So let’s learn about Awesome Animate and how NOT to make crummy Flash!
- 1.01- What is Animate CC? – Animate is Flash Reborn!
- 1.02- Interface Overview – Meet Animate- she’s super flexible to work with!
- 1.03- Target Platforms – Knowing where you’ll end up is a great place to start!
- 1.04- Project Properties – Set properties for your project to make life smoother.
- 1.05- Project Planning and Storyboarding – If you don’t thinkee, your project will stinkee.
- 1.06-Tools Overview – Meet the tools that will make your projects come alive!
- 1.07- Testing and Publishing – Once you create awesomeness- learn to test and publish.
Awesome logo design is cool… ANIMATED logo design??? SUPER COOL!!!
- 2.01- Project Overview– Get the details on this project before you roll.
- 2.02- Importing Photoshop– Bring that boring static logo in from Photoshop land!
- 2.03- Importing Illustrator– Even better- the designer used Illustrator for the logo! PERFECT!!!
- 2.04- Timeline Arrangement – Ok, messy timelines means messy projects… TRUST US.
- 2.05- Drawing Shapes – Doodle time!!! Learn to draw the Animate way- it’s POWERFUL!!!
- 2.06- Adjusting properties – Adjust properties of your designs.
- 2.07- Shape Tweens – Tweens- has nothing to do with middle school kids.
- 2.08- Shape Hints – You can’t controll a tweenager, but you CAN control a shape tween!
- 2.09- Generate Animated GIF’s – Make an animated image in a GIFfy!!! (see what I did there?)
I told you it was powerful! Learn to import, export, and tweak video projects on the way in and out of Flash!
- 3.01- Project Overview– Get an idea of where we’re headed with this video project!
- 3.02- Importing Video– Bring video in to use in your apps!
- 3.03- Importing Audio – Set the sound stage and make it trigger!
- 3.04- Creating Symbols – Create your own clone army using symbols!
- 3.05- Motion Tweens – No, not a new middle school dance group. Watch and learn.
- 3.06- Motion Easing – Ease into the physics of motion with these easing controls.
- 3.07- Generate HD Video – Right from within Animate you get HIGH DEFINITION!!!!
Of course, Animate CC17 does amazing animation at very small file sizes. Learn to create simple additions to a customer’s website that really add polish!
- 4.01- Project Overview– Set the stage for your own mini movie!
- 4.02- Timeline Setup– Set up your timeline to make things easy on yourself
- 4.03- Drawing simple shapes– Draw the main elements of your animation
- 4.04- Using the Pen tool– The best drawing tool ever, once you get past the learning curve. (see what I did there?)
- 4.05- Variable Width Strokes– Give your strokes more expression by changing the stroke width with perfect control!
- 4.06- Nesting Animation– Learn the power (and challenges) of nesting your animations- Awesome tricks inside!!
- 4.07- Symbol Instances – Make those clones less…. clone-y by tweaking instances.
- 4.08- Motion Guides– Control your motion like a mutant. A motion-controlling mutant. (but a nice one)
- 4.09- Masking– It’s a hole cut in the time-space contiuum. (well, maybe just in a layer on the timeline)
- 4.10- Publish as SWF– The cool kids call them “SWIFFs.” Welcome to the club.
Interactive Web Ad
Make a cool ad that works on ANY device by programming for HTML5 Canvas! OF COURSE ANIMATE WORKS FOR IPHONES!
- 5.01- Project Overview– Project Overview for your Interacticve Ad
- 5.02- Design and Copyright– Learn to create amazing art, and respect other peoples’ stuff.
- 5.03- Import Assets– Bring in those cool images
- 5.04- Graphic Symbols– Convert your images and prep them for interactivity!
- 5.05- Push My Buttons– So Cool! Create and program buttons to control mutant robots. (if they’re created in flash)
- 5.06- Using Text – THESE words even mightier than the pen!
- 5.08- Publish for HTML5 Canvas– See? It plays nice on your Ipad. Animate is HUGE!!
Program your Phone!
Create a simple app that runs on Android, iOS, and Desktops using one programming interface and application- Animate CC17!
- 6.01- Project Overview– THIS. IS. SO. COOL!!!!
- 6.02- Mobile Target Choices– OK, Program for your phone!
- 6.03- Mobile App Setup– ZOMBIES!!!!! Thanks, Joseph for cool Zombies! 🙂 (and Joseph knows zombies.)
- 6.04- ActionScript– No, it’s not the next film on paper… it’s a programming context!
- 6.05- Testing/Usability– If it makes no sense, it’s no fun to play. Make it intuitive!
- 6.06- Publishing Workflow– Here’s how you get it ready for phones and tablets.
- 6.07- Understand Accessibility!– This is becoming a HUGE factor you gotta know in the industry.
Interactive Media!Project 7 Files
Create a simple interactive site using programming for multiple platforms!
- 7.01- Project Overview– Let’s get some info on the client.
- 7.02- Grab your media without cheating– learn how to find CC licensed images for your projects!
- 7.03- Project Setup– set up your project and build your layers.
- 7.04- Get Off Your Buttons– Add the buttons you’ll program later.
- 7.05- Code it up– Prep the basic actionscript rolling in your project and learn to program it!
- 7.06- Add Interactivity– Getting nerdier with event listeners on your instances.
- 7.07- Push My Buttons!– Understand some of the gotchas with code and how to tweak your buttons.
- 7.08- Export!– Get this rolling for the web using various export options.