FLASH Professional CCSix projects to Awesome Flashness!
FLASH PROFESSIONAL™ CC
You’re in for a treat! Joseph is going to take you toward the level of Coding Commando in this basic intro that introduces you to some amazing concepts and projects that teach you all the basics for Flash Professional Programming. This is an amazing series from an amazing expert that keeps it fun and knows his stuff!!!
There is a lot more to Flash than meets the eye. It’s an entire programming platform and is often misunderstood! Joseph helps make it fun and easy to get to the critical concepts that you need to learn Flash Professional™ and learn the core skills to becoming a flash programmer! Jump in and get started on your programming adventure!
Looking for extras?You can grab Joseph’s books and resources at Amazon.com.
Grand Master (of) Flash
Joseph Labrecque is the BrainBuffet King of all things Flash! He’s written a bunch of books, has a few Lynda.com titles, and is also an EXPERT ON UNDEAD AND NEWBORN SAFETY.
Flash Professional Overview
Flash… it’s SO misunderstood!!! Listen, it’s not dead, and it’s not evil… it’s POWERFUL. It’s not just for animating images- it’s a whole programming platform. So let’s learn about Awesome Flash and how NOT to make crummy Flash!
- 1.01- What Is Flash? – Meet Flash. Rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated!
- 1.02- Design elements and Copyright – Don’t make ugly stuff and learn copyrights and copywrongs.
- 1.03- Project Planning and Storyboarding – Think before you do… Trust us- this saves a TON of time!
- 1.04- Understanding Accessibility – Accessibility should be called “un-confusi-cation!”… Ok, maybe not.
- 1.05- Interface Overview – Meet Flash- She’s not nearly as confusing as she looks.
- 1.06- Document Properties – Whatcha need to know about setting up shop.
Awesome logo design is cool… ANIMATED logo design??? SUPER COOL!!!
- 2.01- Importing Photoshop– Bring that boring static logo in from Photoshop land!
- 2.02- Importing Illustrator– Even better- the designer used Illustrator for the logo! PERFECT!!!
- 2.03- Timeline Arrangement– Ok, messy timelines means messy projects… TRUST US.
- 2.04- Drawing Shapes – Doodle time!!! Learn to draw the Flash way- it’s POWERFUL!!!
- 2.05- Adjusting Properties – Tweak that design with these cool tips!
- 2.06- Shape Tweening – Tweening- has nothing to do with middle school kids.
- 2.07- Generate Animated GIF’s – Make an animated image in a GIFfy!!! (see what I did there?)
I told you it was powerful! Learn to import, export, and tweak video projects on the way in and out of Flash!
- 3.01- Importing Video– Bring video in to use in your Flash apps!
- 3.02- Importing Audio– Set the sound stage and make it trigger!
- 3.03- Creating Symbols– Create your own clone army using symbols!
- 3.04- Motion Tweens– No, not a new middle school dance group. Watch and learn.
- 3.05- Generate HD Video– Right from within Flash you get HIGH DEFINITION!!!!
Of course, Flash Professional™ does amazing animation at very small file sizes. Learn to create simple additions to a customer’s website that really add polish!
- 4.01- Timeline Setup– Set the stage for your own mini movie!
- 4.02- Drawing Assets– Draw the main elements of your animation
- 4.03- Animated Movie Clips– Create re-usable animations with movie clips
- 4.04- Symbol Instances– Make those clones less…. clone-y by tweaking instances.
- 4.05- Motion Guides– Ever ride the go carts at disney??? It’s kind of like that.
- 4.06- Classic Motion Guides– “Back when I was a boy….” Dinosaurs tweened like this.
- 4.07- Masking– It’s a hole cut in the time-space contiuum. (well, maybe just in a layer on the timeline)
- 4.08- Publish as SWF– The cool kids call them “SWIFFs.” Welcome to the club.
Interactive Web Ad
Make a cool ad that works on ANY device by programming for HTML5 Canvas! OF COURSE FLASH WORKS FOR IPHONES!
- 5.01- Import Assets– Bring in those cool images
- 5.02- Graphic Symbols– Convert your images and prep them for interactivity!
- 5.03- Buttons and Text– You really know how to push Flash’s buttons…
- 5.05- Publish for HTML5 Canvas– See? It plays nice on your Ipad. Flash is HUGE!!
Program your Phone!
Create a simple app that runs on Android, iOS, and Desktops using one programming interface and application- FLASH PROFESSIONAL™!
- 6.01- Mobile Target Choices– OK, Program for your phone!
- 6.02- Mobile App Setup– ZOMBIES!!!!! Thanks, Joseph for cool Zombies! 🙂
- 6.03- ActionScript– No, it’s not the next film on paper… it’s a programming context!
- 6.04- Testing/Usability– If it makes no sense, it’s no fun to play. Make it intuitive!
- 6.05- Publishing Workflow– Here’s how you get it ready for phones and tablets.
- 6.06- BONUS: Desktop Project!– Here’s how you play on your Ultimate Gaming Rig.